Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pambiche

Restaurant: Pambiche
Location: 2811 NE Glisan, Portland, OR 97232
Date: April 2tth, 2009
Ordered: Revoltillo de Chorizo (Cuban Sausage Scramble)
Cost: $9.50

For breakfast Saturday I found myself with a group at Pambiche, a Cuban restaurant in NE Portland. (Incidentally, I used to live 10 blocks form where it now is, so I'm somewhat familiar with the neighborhood.) Even in NE Pambiche stands out as a colorful place with its walls covered in bold primary colors and small dining room packed with people.

Given my traditional conservative taste, I decided to try something that didn't sound too exotic but still sounded fun. I settled on the Revoltillo de Chorizo, an egg/sausage/pepper scramble with a delicious-sounding description. I'd also like to thank the wait-staff at this point for not making me try to pronounce the name of the dish, as I'd have butchered it.


The plate arrived arranged in a most appetizing way. But even more than that, the meal was delicious. (Though I'll admit, I tend to say that about pretty much every place I eat. Do I just magically find the awesome items on the menu?) It really was a mixture of eggs, sausage, peppers, and a few other spices combined on a plate and served with a toast and garnish. Yet, now that I typed it out, it really was better than it sounds.

As breakfasts go, I'm quite happy to have been introduced to Pembiche and I'm definitely looking forward to trying it again. Check it out!

Note: The Cuban French Toast looked delicious as well. I may have to try that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment