Tuesday, June 2, 2009

La Isla Bonita

Restaurant: La Isla Bonita
Location: 7670 SW Nyberg St, Tualatin, OR 97062
Date: June 2nd, 2009
Ordered: Taco Salad
Cost: $6.95

I'm going to start out by saying that I have a very soft spot for Mexican restaurants that - in addition to tortilla chips and salsa - aslo bring a small bowl of refried beans in which to dip aforementioned chips. La Isla Bonita, I found, is such a place and therefore is automatically working from a favorable position.

I ordered the Taco Salad (not a huge surprise) with chicken and no guacamole. Perhaps it was due to being the only customer in the store, but the food was prepared amazingly quickly - though I still managed to comsume a fair portion of the chips beforehand.


Tragically, the food was a tad flavorless. It wasn't bad, per se, and I've certainly had worse, but it wasn't really noteworthy either. I still ate it, I still enjoyed it, but I wouldn't drive across town for it.

The service was alright there, too. For being the only customer, it seemed that I was quite short (or out) of water quite often. The glasses were small, but I guess that's how things are. The decor of the restaurant seemed to replicate the generically inoffensive decor found in most small Mexican restaurants.

In all, La Isla Bonita wasn't bad. If it were within walking distance, I might frequent it. However, it's in Tualatin and I have rare occasion to go out there, so I probably won't head back.

No comments:

Post a Comment