Friday, November 20, 2009

Bread and Ink Cafe

Restaurant: Bread and Ink Cafe
Location: 3610 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, OR 97214
Date: November 19th, 2009
Ordered: Provolone Bacon Basil Sandwich (with French Onion Soup)
Cost: $10.75

The Bread and Ink Cafe is a small joint on Hawthorne Boulevard, and doesn't immediately catch the eye. Step into the inside, however, and you're treated to a fun little cafe with a friendly staff and a bunch of charm.

Looking over the menu, I thought I'd try the delicious-sounding Provolone Bacon Basic Sandwich, with the French Onion Soup. Of course, I got to make this decision while eating the delicious free bread they gave us when sitting down. (Note: nothing makes a better first impression than free food.)


My food came pretty quickly, and this is where lunch went from good to great. That sandwich was like a grilled cheese sandwich, but with provolone, some excellent bacon, and some herbs cooked inside. It was amazingly delicious. I wanted more when I was done!

So go check it out. It's an expensive sandwich, so I won't be eating it too often, but it was a delicious treat in a neat little cafe.

1 comment:

  1. They have that sandwich for like $4 at happy hour I eat there all the time

    ReplyDelete