Sunday, October 3, 2010

New Old Lompoc - 5th Quadrant

Restaurant: New Old Lompoc - 5th Quadrant
Location: 3901 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR 97227
Date: October 3rd, 2010
Ordered: BLT
Cost: $7.50

Located in North Portland (aka "the Fifth Quadrant"), the New Old Lompoc is, interestingly, about as far as you can get from St. Johns and still be in NoPo. I was there for an early lunch at about 10:45 AM, which meant that I stood outside for 15 minutes until they opened at 11. At least they put that on the website so I could look up why the door was locked.

I sat with a large group of people and, shockingly, decided to order a BLT from our friendly server. Despite the group size, the food arrived with surprising celerity. It might have had something to do with us being the first customers of the day.



The BLT was really good, though it had too much "T" for my taste*. Easily remedied, I pulled off a layer of tomato and started to devour the sandwich. Not only was the bacon succulent, juicy, and perfectly cooked, there was a delicious sauce - not quite mayo - that really rounded out the flavor. I ended up eating the sandwich with such speed that I was disappointed when it was gone.

So how do I feel about the New Old Lompoc (5th Quadrant)? I enjoyed it. The food was delicious and the service was friendly. Will I go back? Most likely. Of note, however: I'm pretty sure the 23rd Ave location is closer to where I live.

*For the record, I really don't like tomatoes, and will only eat them because they're good for me. Given this, I won't eat double-stacked tomatoes. A single layer only, please.

1 comment:

  1. Why would anyone want to name anything Lompoc. Lompoc, California is a horrible place.

    ReplyDelete