Friday, September 23, 2011

Pacific Pie Company

Restaurant: Pacific Pie Company
Location: 1520 SE 7th Ave, Portland OR 97215
Date: September 22nd, 2011
Ordered: Classic Beef Pie
Cost: $6.00

Pacific Pie Company opened just a few months ago near where I work and I had not yet had a chance to go in. As of now, however, that's changed. I went in last night, examined both the "Sweet" and "Savory" options, and ordered myself a Classic Beef pie. (And also a beer.) The place is themed after Australia, from the flag hanging over the door to the kitchen to the rugby matches playing on the wall-mounted TV.


When my food arrived, I quickly cut off the top crust (for later) and started enjoying the rest of the pie. The flavor was delicious, and the crust itself was nice and flaky. Let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The problem I had is that a small pie 4-5 inches in diameter feels pricey at $6.00. I enjoyed it, yes, for it truly was a savory pie, but the price seemed a little high. My feeling about it got a lot better, however, after I found that I'd ordered during happy hour and had also had a beer so they charged me for the happy hour special "Pie & Pint", which is $7.00. Monday through Friday, 3 PM - 6 PM, that's a much, much better deal!

It's definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment