Sunday, March 29, 2009

McMenamins Barley Mill Pub

Restaurant: McMenamins Barley Mill Pub
Location: 1629 SE Hawthorne, Portland, OR 97214
Date: March 27th, 2009
Ordered: Falafel Wrap
Cost: $6.75, though I ended up with several drinks attached to that.



So I ended up at the Barley Mill for dinner for a friend's birthday, and hadn't yet eaten dinner. After pondering the menu, I decided to try something new - and hopefully relatively healthy - and ordered the Falafel Wrap (with the salad instead of the fries). I can safely say that it was delicious.

It was also reasonably priced. However, since this was a McMenamins the usual caveats apply. Food and beer are both good, but anything with alcohol in it is vastly overpriced for what you get. Furthermore, on mixed drinks (such as a whiskey and coke) they are notoriously stingy with their portions. Consider this to be fair warning!

Back to the food, though. The wrap was big, it was delicious, and I felt like I'd eaten a healthy, hearty meal by the time I was done with it. I would highly recommend the Falafel Wrap for anyone stopping by the Barley Mill; you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment